|Collection||Valley Band Association Collection|
|Scope & Content||
The Valley Band Association was formed by a meeting of the delegates from Spring Creek, Mt. Vernon, Fairview, and West Central Bands, with the object of promoting a feeling of harmony and good will and to advance the musical interest of the community. Mr. A. R. Gilkerson was elected the first president.
The first reunion of bands was held at Mossy Creek Park on August 13, 1904 and the meeting was attended by the following bands: Spring Creek, Mt. Vernon, Mt. Clinton, Dayton, Grottoes, Fairview, Singers Glen, and Roman.
SCOPE AND CONTENT:
This collection contains a booklet about the Valley Band Association published in 1910.
1 (one) booklet
|Title||Valley Band Association Collection|