|Collection||Edna Shickel Collection|
|Object Name||Announcement, Graduation|
|Scope & Content||
Dayton high school was located at 290 Mill St., Dayton, VA from 1914-1956. That building now houses The Dayton Learning Center.
Charles M. Robinson of Richmond was the architect of this building. He is responsible for a number of schools in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, including the initial plans for what is now James Madison University. This Colonial Revival structure used the Corinthian order with a very fine cornice. It was one of the earliest of the brick consolidated schools in Rockingham County. The exterior has been restored. (Information obtained from daytonva.com/walking_tour_of_dayton)
SCOPE AND CONTENT:
Contains commencement announcements from Dayton High School in 1926 and 1929.
1926 Dayton High School Commencement Invitation
1929 Dayton High School Commencement Invitation
|Title||Edna Shickel Collection|